Monday, April 21, 2014

Materials sourcing ....


Been feeling unmotivated and lately hence explains the Project delay...

After sketching the idea for the Lampshade, in my mind, it seemed easy to bend wires to form a rectangular box, and I spent two late nights trying to figure out how to make it as neat as possible in a single strip of wire. It is far from perfect....



I was hit with so many brickwalls as I know the materials I wanted/needed but could not find them! Hardware store assistants looked at me puzzled many times when I try to describe to them what I was looking for and I'm sure they regretted asking ... Anyhow, the Universe works in mysterious ways! I managed to find exactly the kind of hollow metal sticks from Art Friends, The Curve! Downside? - very pricey! :-(



Found the Ol' Skool' shop in Petaling Street selling all leather fabrics and shoe-making accessories recommended by Ms. T! Don't balk folks, this is PVC as I don't support the use of leather!

Also found some pretty cool paper to dress the walls of my Dollhouse from Mr. DIY! So much to do, so little time folks!  

 

2 comments:

  1. The wrapping paper is delightful! Hope you manage to nail the lampshade soon! Sorry but I am not much good at stuff like that :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ! Thank you! Very cutesy huh!! I couldn't resist! :) This few days had been crazy!
    Ok Brain, now get to work! *whip* muahaha! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete