Saturday, March 29, 2014

KUMIK head, Obitsu Body arrived but hang on a minute!



I had stumbled upon the world of BJD (Ball-joint dolls) some time ago...
After much surfing until my eyes turned sore, I realized ain't no way I could afford one from companies like Dolfie or Iplehouse & etc where the price for an average doll is about RM 3,000, so I did found the cheaper option that many Forums recommend getting a beginner's doll - Obitsu Body. They usually come headless and you can attach any head from other companies that you want.

.... and I did find another company that produces realistic heads resembling famous Celebrities and they are always Sold Out and you have to pre-order! I contacted a company in Singapore and got mine in couple of week's time.


Goo Hara of KARA ....


 I always thought Tae-Yeon of SNSD is ridiculously cute!


My wrongly ordered KUMIK head... haiiizz....



Freakishly expensive but adorable Byul, Dal & Pullip Yeolume Dolls from Korea..... soon, soon... Let me close a few more deals and I will treat myself to a Doll....

For some reason I can't find the pic of my Obitsu body so I borrowed this one from another Blog... The wonders of the current Toy-making Industry! The company, Obitsu makes them in various sizes, 12cm, 27cm, 45cm and even large 60cm doll bodies!

 
 
So the problem I have been facing is attaching the neck peg onto this Obitsu body, there are only a few tutorials online and it does require some sawing and elbow grease.
 
Still, hoping to get a free day this week to get cracking.... Have a good weekend folks!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment