Saturday, March 29, 2014

Warm Retro colour-combo?


So... what do you guys think?
 
I have gone a little stir crazy buying beads and walking the streets of Jalan Sultan, flitting from store to store getting ideas....
 
Talk about ideas.... my head hurts and at times it goes into overdrive like a hyper Hamster running on a wheel when I get ideas I have to quickly sketch or write it down! Then I will try and think of how to 'build' the prototype and get frustrated when I hit a brickwall with the technical aspect. The only handy work experience I got was the 1 year learning 'Kemahiran Hidup' in Form 3 doing soldering and wood work. I am still trying to find a sort of Vocational School and take some Courses on Basic Electric wiring, Woodwork and things like that. Friends did suggest things like Professional Papers etc, but end of the day I know I don't want to be working in a Corporate Office so I want to learn things I am interested in and will come in handy!
 
I'm sure i had been a Carpenter at least once in one of my past lives.... hehe.
 
Just a tip to share, don't be shy to get your materials from a Charity Shop or Flea market! Not only are you contributing for a good cause, you are indirectly recycling and giving
the pre-loved item a new lease of life! I bought some tops which were filled with sequins, I thought "heck, thats a lot of sequins in there!", brought it home and I sat on my little station and stripped all the little fellas out and ended up with a compartment full of beads!
I had no idea and had never strung beads before, so it was a lot of trial and error. Once, I strung and strung and strung for 2 hours and wasn't happy with what I saw, I cut the whole thing apart and started all over again. I had coffee with an Old friend yesterday and shared my experience and was glad that Ms.T said "There is no right or wrong way to string beads. Do as you like! "
 
I'm not stringing beads for fashion jewellery or any of that sort! Haha! I know no one would buy my Jewellery creations! Hopefully the idea turns out well and I can show you the prototype soon!


1 comment:

  1. Such gorgeous warm colours -- reminds me of autumn leaves! We really should go pick up the sewing machine from Mama Tom AJ soon!

    ReplyDelete