Sunday, June 29, 2014

Hanging Lampshade Design...


I've started working on the 2nd Lampshade for the living room and here is the 1st, 2nd, 3rd attempt at bending the wire into a basic round cylinder-ish shape.

The first few 'failed' cylinders... Wobbly and awful looking!

Finally! 'Lightbulb' moment! Figured out how to stabilize the wire without the need to solder!! Yeee-ha!


It still looks kinda empty (top portion) .. Less is More ?
Just the leaves alone looked empty so I sewed on some Berry-beads! Haha!

The issue was as usual to try and get it bended using only 1 single piece of wire without having to join different parts (or the use of soldering! *grunts*).

I had pictured a design with beige linen, something like this;


Then dressing it up with beads and shiny leaf-shaped sequins I had bought at Masjid India. I had the perfect coloured linen, it was an old dress and seeing I could still fit into it, I didn't have the heart to cut into it. It suddenly felt like a sin to cut up a perfectly wearable dress! I must be going slightly mad. So instead I used the shiny Gold tulle I got from Klim's Craft because I thought the transparent fabric would make the light work better with a shiny factor. We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. Such intricate work! Wow, you really are getting good at this, Bestie! Not that I am surprised :) I know what my bestie is capable of!

    ReplyDelete