Monday, June 9, 2014

Mini Chandelier Work-in-progress....


So, I finally got round to start the Mini Chandelier project that I had been planning and sketching for some time. As usual, the idea always seems easy in the head but once in the midst of execution, "Damn, this ain't gonna work" is very often exclaimed while yanking hair...

I bought a cheap**s Soldering tool from Mr. DIY sometime back and was a bit intimidated to use it; the last I held one was probably 15 years ago. Then lastnight I decided, okay, I really need to fix some lights in the dollhouse. No more procrastinating! I realized the lights are delaying the dollhouse decoration; if I dont get the lights wired in, I'll never be able to put in all the cute small furniture I made/ bought. So, after almost an hour twisting the lampshade cover into shape, solder mess everywhere and even melted some parts of my extension cord, I called it a night and went to bed in a huff.



It took some time to find all the Right parts in various Hardware stores. I started with the outer lampshade to hide the batten holder. Also managed to find the perfect sized lightbulb! Are they cute or what!!?



I went to a Handmade/Craft Bazaar last weekend and saw some very pretty bronze charms for bracelets but they were selling each tiny piece for RM 2! I went home and couldn't stop thinking about them and how pretty they would look if incorporated into the dangly parts of my Chandelier! So yesterday, I went on a material hunt downtown by myself and walked from Petaling Street to Masjid India in search of the perfect bits.





Then I made the curly-wurly arms... All the painful effort and I thought this was the hardest part....

They looked very simple and I had to dress them up, right? So I decided to match some coloured beads to find a nice combination. Stringing the beads through the thick wire was pure hell. I really thought putting the beads in should've been the easy part. There were a few bead casualty..... Off to the Hardware shop again tomorrow to get a slightly thinner wire *whimper*



2 comments:

  1. Goodness! Such patience! Keeping my fingers crossed about the final result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mate! :) I just made the 6 curly wurly arms made from thinner cheap**s RM 1 wire from the hardware shop... Hope to finish it in this few days..

    ReplyDelete