Saturday, June 21, 2014

Miniature Chandelier: Nearing completion...



There it is... swinging gracefully on the little holder.... It's far from perfect but am just glad it's done. My first Miniature Chandelier Protoype. I was up until 3am last night accompanied by 2 mugs of coffee and 2 cans of Beer, hung the last teardrop dangly Crystal, had a good long look. Okay, I'm happy with it and I can allow myself to go bed!
 
Trying to solder on the curly wurly arms was tears-inducing. It was just not going to work, so back up plans was to do a ring around the arms to stabilized it.


It sure does look prettier in the daylight.....


I popped in Ampang Point yesterday while leaving my Ol' Girl for service, and did some material shopping! There is a Crafts, Ribbons and accessories Shop on the 2nd floor next to Popular called Klim Craft. I found the teardrop-shaped beads that I wanted for the Chandelier, they were a tad bit pricey but I didn't see the point of going all the way down to Masjid India to the wholesale place so I bought 2 different sizes, each were about RM 3.90. I was a bit shocked that they were selling simple beads (the exact ones I got from Jalan Sultan) for RM 4.50 a packet!! I got my stash for RM 1 a packet. They were exactly the same beads!

The shop also had tulle, so I bought half a meter each of the shimmering ones to experiment. The price is ok; RM 4.80 a meter.

I had also planned to take up Embroidery soon, I had been looking around for hoops and to think I almost bought an over-priced one from Art Friends, The Curve selling for RM 17.90! Good thing I remembered to pop by Daiso and Hallelujah! they sell Embroidery hoops too! Wahahaha! Don't you just love Daiso!?

 
But I did find these gems from Art Friends and they were cheap! The little dressing table was only for RM 5.50  and the utensils for RM 10.


1 comment:

  1. Hiya Bestie! I love the intricate beadwork and the colour combination! Looks so elegant! For your hard work, I shall reward you with another container of Turkish Delight and dried fruits! See you this weekend?

    ReplyDelete